Monday, December 6, 2010

Amazed

Praying over Pastor John Hamstra before he gave the message on Sunday.
I am amazed by God's plans and sovereignty. I am amazed that He loves me and calls me worthy. I amazed at how when you say Yes to God and Yes to doing difficult things, he comes through and changes your heart and does amazing things.

I am grateful that the Lord led me to Mercy Hill Church. Leaving Grace church, the place I had grown up in, was a difficult thing to do, but I knew that the Lord had somewhere else for me. He first led me to Living Word Church and each week I was brought tears in worship. I was amazed by the presence of the Holy Spirit week after week. It was only about 6 months after attending Living Word God showed me his purpose in leading me there. They were going to plant a church near where I lived and I felt an instant calling to be a part of this.

Fast forward one year and God is doing amazing things through Mercy Hill Church. Greg and I came here out of a leap of faith, He called and we said yes. This past Sunday we relocated our Sunday morning services to a new temporary building because we could no longer fit in the other space. Praise God! It is a beautiful thing to be a part of a church that God is blessing. I am grateful for the leaders in the church and for my pastor and his wife. I pray God's sweet blessing on them and am eternally grateful that God lead me here. This is just one of the many ways that God's plans have been far better than I could have imagined! Thank you Lord, for you are good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome experience finding the 'right' church family!!. The Lord is good - all the time! Oh, Come Let Us Adore Him, oh, come let us adore Him, Christ...the Lord! Grams B

Anonymous said...

Happy for you. And AMAZING photo.

Sharon Chun said...

Hey Joanna,
it's sharon!
I had to leave a comment because I actually visited Mercy Hill with my friend couple weeks ago, but I didn't know you guys went there. I love your photos.